Volunteer at Episcopal Homes
The Episcopal Homes volunteer program recognizes that there are many ways to give – and time is one of the most valuable gifts we have. If you wish to volunteer as a group, with your family, or just by yourself, Episcopal Homes welcomes you.
Volunteers at Episcopal Homes:
- Lead life enhancement activities in long-term care including reading groups, Trivia, and BINGO
- Facilitate exercise activities and deliver mail with a personal touch
- Spend quality one-on-one time with elders
- Teach computer skills
- Contribute ministry and music to our Spiritual Life
In all these different ways, volunteers make a tremendous difference in the daily lives of elders by bringing their personality and warmth to the Episcopal Homes campus.
In 2013, Episcopal Homes had over 100 active volunteers contribute 5,000 hours of service. Episcopal Homes’ volunteer base is comprised of many high school and college students, along with a growing group of active older adults from the surrounding community. Approximately 10 percent of volunteers are also current residents at Episcopal Homes.
To get started, simply complete an online volunteer application. Once we receive your application, our Volunteer Coordinator, Deborah Ashamu will contact you to explore the possibilities of contributing your time toward an important mission.
All Volunteer Applicants who are ages 18+ are required to complete the Volunteer Authorization for Release of Information Form (Background Check form). Please follow the link below if you’ve already applied to volunteer.
Authorization Form (For applicants ages 18+)
- Little Brothers – Friends of the Elderly
- Community Technology Empowerment Project – AmeriCorps
- Free Little Library
- St. Agnes School
- St. Marys School
- Focus Beyond Transition Services – Saint Paul Public Schools
- University of St. Thomas
- Concordia University Saint Paul
- Christ Episcopal
- St. Clement’s Episcopal
- St. Mark’s Catholic
- Episcopal Church in Minnesota