Carty Heights opened its doors in November 2007, bringing Episcopal Homes’ quality to the University/Lexington neighborhood. Come by for a tour to see how beautiful HUD-subsidized housing for low-income seniors can be. We think Frank Lloyd Wright would approve! Carty Heights is named in honor of Father Denzil Carty (1904-1975). Fr. Carty was rector of St. Philip’s Episcopal Church from 1950 through his retirement in 1975. He was an advocate for civil rights and affordable housing for low-income minorities. Fr. Carty called for “Our rights, with dignity and equality, in education, jobs and housing,” and he devoted his life to making it so. Sylvia Carty continued her husband’s legacy of service as an associate member of the Episcopal Church Home board and as a committee member for many years. Plan a tour!
- Handsome four-story design
- 49 one-bedroom apartments
- Underground parking available
- On-site manager and service coordinator
- Spacious community spaces with planned programming and events
- Free laundry facilities on each level
- Conveniently located adjacent to clinics, grocery stores, banks, local restaurants, and public transit
- Very Affordable Rents (calculated at 30% of your monthly income)
- Service Coordinator on-site to assist you with changing needs
- Utilities included (heating, air conditioning, electricity)
- Affordable senior housing for low-income seniors 62+
- Income must be below 50% area median income, currently $33,050 per year (individuals) and $37,750 (couples).
Episcopal Homes does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, familial status, disability, marital status or status with regard to public assistance.
412 Dunlap St. N.
Saint Paul, MN 55104
Carrie Kane, Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Moving to Carty Heights, I felt like I was moving into a mansion! I feel so lucky to live in such a beautiful place.
~ Kim Eng, Resident